Sunday, June 29, 2008

Interest and Appreciation

The greatest thing about food is that it can be shared. You can give cookies to a birthday girl, brownies to a broken heart, or chocolates to a lover. You can make your friend a cake and then you two can sit down together and share it, along with some coffee and conversation.

For me, there are few satisfactions greater than giving a food gift to someone who appreciates and enjoys it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I hear someone say "Mmmmmmmm!" as they chew a bite of my delectable gift to them.

Meet my cat, Brooklyn (see picture above). This picture of her inspired me to write this post because she looks so interested in the cranberry tart I made. I bet if I had given her a bite she would have loved it ;)

The cranberry tart is a recipe from Martha Stewart Magazine (BTW, I love Martha and she actually came in to Zuni a few weeks ago! I was star-struck). It is a tart shell filled with a frangipan-like almond filling and sauteed cranberries. I made it around Thanksgiving and it was delicious! The friends who I gave it to were very thankful, that's for sure!

So what's the moral of this post? Desserts are best when they are given or shared. So go ahead, make your friend some cookies this weekend...they'll love it.

No comments: